This Qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in operating a lifting machine/s or dealing with challenges in a lifting machine. Typical learners will be persons who are currently performing a range of activities and processes in lifting machine environment who have not received any formal recognition for their skills and knowledge, or learners who wish to embark on this qualification or those with a broad knowledge and skills base who work with lifting machines and who want to specialize in certain aspects of the lifting machine environment. While the Qualification is primarily aimed at providing the lifting machine operator the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and attributes required to perform a variety of activities using lifting equipment, it does not preclude any other individual both within and outside the lifting machine environment from accessing it.
A minimum of 122 credits is required to complete the Qualification which is made up of the following components:
· Fundamental: 36 credits.
· Core: 55 credits.
· Electives: 31 credits.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Grade 12
DURATION: 12 Months
- 259619 Conduct workplace Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections, Level 2, 3 Credits
- 116533 Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of emergency preparedness and response ,Level 2 , 2 Credits
- 8015 Executing general office administration Level 2, Credits4
- 12484 Perform basic fire fighting Level 2 Credits 4
- 116534 Carry out basic first aid treatment in the workplace Level 3 Credit 2
- 115093 Control workplace hazardous substances Level 3 Credits 4
- 13915 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace Level 3 Credits 4
- 260778 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace Level 3 Credits 8
- 260779 Describe different categories of lifting machines Level 3 Credits 8
- 8016 Maintaining occupational health, safety and general housekeeping ,Level 3 credits 8
- 260837 Move and store a hazardous load Level 3 Credits 8.
- 119472 Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication , Level 3 Credits 5
- 9013 Describe, apply, analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts , Level 3 Credits 4
- 119466 Interpret a variety of literary texts Level 3 Credits 5
- 119457 Interpret and use information from texts Level 3 Credits 5
- 9012 Investigate life and work related problems using data and probabilities Level 3 Credit 5
- 243838 Use and apply matrices and graphs to organise information and solve problems Level 3 Credits 2
- 7456 Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business and national issues Level 3Credits 5
- 116283 Demonstrate knowledge of and apply regulatory requirements pertaining to crane operation Level 2 Credits 5
Specialisation Stream 1: Crane Operations:
Within this specialisation one or more of the following Unit Standards may be acquired. However, it must be noted that in the case of certain cranes (eg. mobile and tower) learners must acquire the NQF Level 2 Unit Standard for that particular type of crane before doing the NQF Level 3 Unit Standard for that type of crane, which involves more complex learning and skills.
- ID 116254: Operate a mobile crane, Level 2, 20 Credits.
- ID 253660: Supervise advanced mobile crane operations, Level 4, 20 Credits.
- ID 116981: Conduct advanced tower crane operations, Level 3, 20 Credits.
- ID 116231: Operate cab controlled overhead crane, Level 2, 8 Credits.
- ID 116235: Operate a pendant controlled overhead crane, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 116255: Operate a tower crane, Level 2, 20 Credits.
- ID 116253: Operate a truck-mounted loader crane, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 242982: Operate a heavy crane, Level 3, 14 Credits.
- ID 242976: Operate overhead/gantry crane, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 242978: Operate truck-mounted cranes, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 117086: Extract and transport timber using a tractor and trailer fitted with a self-loading crane in a production situation, Level 4, 25 Credits.
- ID 8039: Operating cranes, Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260781: Operate a telescopic boom handler, Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260761: Operate a reach stacker (telescopic container handler), Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260757: Operate a straddle carrier, Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260798: Operate a cantilever container crane (ship to shore), Level 3, 12 Credits.
- ID 260817: Operate a scotch derrick crane (ship mounted), Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260760: Operate inland container crane (rail to road transfer) goliath type, Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 260760: Operate a ships crane, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 260764: Operate a sugar cane crane, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 260759: Operate a wharf side crane (rail mounted), Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 260765: Operate a rubber tyred gantry crane (RTG), Level 3, 12 Credits.
- ID 260763: Operate a floating crane, Level 3, 12 Credits.
- ID 260758: Operate a wall-mounted jib, Level 3, 7 Credits.
- ID 260777: Operate a container side loader, Level 3, 8 Credits.
Specialisation Stream 2: Lift Truck Operations.
Within this specialisation one or more of the following Unit Standards may be acquired. However, it must be noted that in the case of certain lift trucks learners must acquire the NQF Level 2 Unit Standard for that particular type of lift truck before doing the NQF Level 3 Unit Standard, which involves more complex learning and skills.
- ID 8038: Operating lift trucks, Level 3, 6 Credits.
- ID 242981: Operate defined purpose lift trucks, Level 2, 4 Credits.
- ID 242974: Operate counter-balanced lift truck, Level 3, 7 Credits.
- ID 242972: Operate advanced defined purpose lift trucks, Level 3, 7 Credits.
- ID 260797: Operate a sideloader lift truck, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 260762: Operate rough terrain/earthmoving/agricultural equipment with lift truck attachments, Level 3, 11 Credits.
- ID 260818: Operate a counter balanced lift truck in excess of 15 tons, Level 3, 9 Credits.
Total Number of Credits for Lift Truck Electives: 52.
- Specialisation Stream 3: Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPs).
- ID 243276: Manage the transportation of mobile elevated work platforms (MEWP), Level 4, 7 Credits.
- ID 243273: Monitor and control the safety and operations of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms, Level 4, 8 Credits.
- ID 243272: Operate a Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP), Level 2, 10 Credits.
- ID 253638: Sling and communicate during crane operations, Level 2, 4 Credits.
- ID 116986: Sling complex loads and communicate during crane operations, Level 3, 12 Credits.
- ID 116075: Operate a sideboom, Level 2, 8 Credits.
- ID 117036: Conduct advanced sideboom operations, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 253600: Use a sideboom to lift, lower and carry materials, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 243021: Shift loads using lifting equipment, Level 2, 4 Credits.
- ID 12481: Sling loads, Level 2, 4 Credits.
- ID 116583: Perform tandem lifting, Level 4, 12 Credits.
- ID 115900: Demonstrate knowledge of skills required in the crane industry, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 116976: Apply generic crane operation skills, Level 3, 5 Credits.
- ID 117001: Use mobile crane to carry out pile-driving, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 115903: Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements for mobile crane delivery, Level 2, 8 Credits.
- ID 116989: Use a mobile crane to carry out demolition activities with demolition equipment, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 253582: Lift and move a load using manual lifting equipment and tackle, Level 2, 8 Credits.
- ID 119927: Lift and move a load on a construction site, Level 3, 15 Credits.
- ID 253595: Direct the operation of an overhead crane, Level 2, 3 Credits.
- ID 254355: Inspect and conduct routine maintenance on an overhead crane, Level 3, 2 Credits.
- ID 253590: Use and move a load in suspension using a mobile crane, Level 3, 4 Credits.
- ID 253658: Perform a lifting task by using a mobile crane, Level 3, 8 Credits.
- ID 116283: Demonstrate knowledge of and apply regulatory requirements pertaining to crane operation, Level 2, 5 Credits.
- ID 116976: Apply generic crane operation skills, Level 3, 5 Credits.
- ID 244407: Lift and move a load using mechanical lifting equipment, Level 3, 7 Credits.
- ID 244365: Lift and move a load by means of a forklift, Level 2, 3 Credits.
- ID 244406: Move material by means of a mobilift in an underground mine, Level 2, 6 Credits.
- ID 242977: Operate ship cargo lifting appliances, Level 3, 10 Credits.
- ID 123260: Operate tailgates and tail-lifts, Level 3, 2 Credits.
ID 12429: Develop a personal financial plan, Level 3, 2 Credits.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate an understanding of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental standards in the work environment
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the lifting machine.
- Perform emergency procedures in the lifting machine environment.
- Operate a lifting machine
MINIMUM CREDITS: 122
- Import / Export Manager
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Logistics manager
- Business Management
- Stock controller
- Operations Manager
- Forex trader
- International Ports & shipping Companies
YOU COULD OPEN YOUR OWN BUSINESS:
- Transport Brokerage
- Warehousing & Storage Company
- Ships Agency
- Clearing & Forwarding Agency
- Import & Export Agency
- You could earn foreign currency (eg. Dollar, pound, euro)
IN SERVICE TRAINING:
Assistance to qualifying learners, Terms and Conditions Apply.
WHERE OUR GRADUATED STUDENTS ARE NOW:
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- Access Freight
FEES STRUCTURE 2021 INTAKE
- Registration fee ( Once OFF) : R350 ( non-refundable)
- Administration Fee ( Once OFF) : R2000 ( non-refundable)
Monthly Fee: R1200 ( payable on the 1st , 2nd or 3rd of every month) Assessment fee : R3000 ( once off payable before 15th March 2021 )
TOTAL FEES PER YEAR = R18550
: Diversity Technology Training Institute
: First National Bank
: Your name and Surname