The purpose of the qualification is to ensure competent professional driving competence in the road transport sector, thus improving the earning capacity of professional drivers as well as transport sector professionalism and economic growth. This programme develops all-round skills in driving and entry-level logistics. Many learners have climbed the ladder to supervisory and management positions after completing the programme.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Learners will be assessed to determine their experience and prior learning knowledge. This will determine what skills will be RPLed and which will be gap trained.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Communication competency at NQF Level 3.
- Medical certificate & eye test OR current PrDP licence.
- Unit Standard 123254 EC drivers licence
- Unit standard 123253 Equal to or below 16000 kg requires C1 drivers licence
- Unit standard 123253 Above 16000kg requires C drivers licence
- Unit standard 123257 Equal to or below 3500 kg requires B drivers licence
- Unit standard 123259 As per legislature requirements learners must be 25 years or older
The qualifying learner will achieve this qualification by complying with the following rules of combination for the accumulation of credits totalling 122:
- Core unit standards totalling 30 credits are compulsory.
- Fundamental unit standards totalling 36 credits are compulsory.
- Elective unit standards totalling a minimum of 56 credits, including at least one of the following:
- 123254: Operate a vehicle combination (20 units)
- 123253: Operate a rigid heavy vehicle (15 credits) gross vehicle mass above 3.5 tons
- 123257: Operate a rigid light vehicle (10 credits) gross vehicle mass below 3.5 tons
- Communicate in a variety of ways and interact with internal and external workplace role-players.
- Use mathematical conventions to solve personal problems and undertake workplace calculations for operational purposes.
- Understand and explain the composition of the supply chain in relation to its role in the transport industry.
- Apply the relevant health, safety, security and environment legislation, policies and practices in the transport industry.
- Demonstrate life-skills and entry-level workplace skills in the transport environment.
- Cluster 1 - ( 30 credits)
- Cluster 2 - ( 36 credits)
- Cluster 3
- Option 1- ( 45 credits)
- Option 2 - ( 107 credits)
The unit standards can be selected by the customer based on specific industry and operational requirements. Any of the following unit standards can be selected, bearing in mind all fundamental (F) and core (C) are compulsory and electives (E) are selected up to the number of credits required for the full National Certificate in Professional Driving.
- Operate a Rigid Light Vehicle - Licence Code C1 (U/s 123253, Level 4, 15 Credits) Elective
- Operate a Rigid Light Vehicle - Licence Code B (U/s 123257, Level 2, 10 Credits) Elective
- Operate a Vehicle Combination (Code EC) (U/s 123254, Level 4, 20 credits) Elective
- Foster and Maintain Customer Relations (U/s 123258, Level 3, 10 credits) Core
- Apply advanced techniques for operating 4-wheel driving (U/s 254154, Level 3, 8 credits) Elective
- Apply techniques for operating 4-wheel drive vehicles on on-road and off-road conditions (U/s 254135, Level 3, 4 credits) Elective
- Apply basic business principles (U/s 8000, Level 3, 9 credits) Elective
- Coach a team member to improve individual performance (U/s 113909, Level 3, 5 credits) Elective
- Load General Freight (U/s 123262, Level 2, 6 credits) Elective
- Maintaining Occupational Health, Safety and General Housekeeping (U/s 8016, Level 3, 8 credits) Core
- Managing Self Development (U/s7997, Level 4, 12 crment (U/s7997, Level 4, 12 credits) Elective
- Operate in a team (U/s 8420, Level 2, 4 credits) Elective
- Perform basic fire fighting (U/s 12484, Level 2, 4 credits)
- Plan road transport delivery (U/s 123261, Level 3, 8 credits) Core
- Provide commuter services (U/s 123256, Level 3, 10 credits) Elective
- Provide long-distance coach and bus services (U/s 123252, Level 3, 10 credits) Elective
- Meet requirements for a provisional (learner's) licence (U/s 243665, Level 2, 15 credits) Elective
- Apply knowledge of HIV/Aids to a specific business sector and workplace (U/s244574, Level 3, 4 credits) Elective
- Convey dangerous goods by road (U/s 123259, Level 3, 4 credits) Elective
- Operate a cab-controlled overhead crane (U/s 116231, Level 2, 8 credits) Elective
- Operate a Pendant-controlled o/head crane (U/s 116235, Level 2, 5 credits) Elective
- Operate a counter-balanced lift truck (U/s 242974, Level 3, 7 credits) Elective
- Operate an advanced defined purpose lift trucks (U/s 116254, Level 3, 7 credits) Elective
- Operate a mobile crane (U/s 116254, Level 2, 20 credits) Elective
The training is suitable for drivers who
- Convey General Freight
- Provide Courier Services
- Convey Passengers
Negotiable Offered in Groups
Course fee Includes:
Stationery, Learner Guides, Facilitation, Practical Driving Training, Assessments, Moderation, Certification, Facilitator travel and accommodation excluded Programme project management.
FEES STRUCTURE 2021 INTAKE
- Registration fee ( Once OFF) : R350 ( non-refundable)
- Administration Fee ( Once OFF) : R2000 ( non-refundable)
Monthly Fee: R1200 ( payable on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of every month) Assessment fee: R3000 ( once off payable before 15th March 2021 )
TOTAL FEES PER YEAR = R18550
: Diversity Technology Training Institute
: First National Bank
: Your name and Surname